Category Archives: whitework

Some Whitework in the Works

DresdenGarden-29Nov2011_thumb.jpg

Stitching bloggers all over seem to be owning up to the number of works in progress they have. I guess I’m looking at joining the bandwagon. I’m not quite ready to put up a full list, but I would like to share a couple of whitework projects I started over the past year but haven’t…

A Stitch in Time: Reticello 1

Reticello1_center_thumb.jpg

Since I’m currently plodding away on lots of four-sided stitch on Ruskin Garden Square and don’t have much to share on that front, I hope you might be interested in one of my finished projects with a very similar type of needle lace. Reticello 1 was designed by Diane Clements and was featured as the…

Stitch Study: Four-Sided Stitch

Four-

Simplicity and elegance are two words that come to mind when I think of four-sided stitch. Simple, because the stitch really only has three steps. Elegant, because of the clean lines and lacy look of this beautiful stitch. Since four-sided stitch is often worked as a pulled-thread stitch, I like to use a needle that’s…

WIP: Ukrainian Openwork Sampler (elements by Jan Walters)

Today’s featured WIP is a sampler in Ukrainian Openwork. The individual bands were all designed by Jan Walters, but the arrangement of bands is my own. Technique/Materials:  Ukrainian Openwork (primarily consisting of satin stitches and drawn and pulled thread work) in DMC coton a broder threads on 25ct Pearl Linen (which is a polyester/linen blend)….

Another new project and a SALE!

I did make a tiny bit of progress on the Bargello needlecase Monday night, but finally, after almost two weeks, my 20″ Evertite stretcher bars showed up in yesterday’s mail. Last night, I managed to mount the canvas for Carolyn Mitchell’s My Way and organize some of my stitching area. Tonight, I’ll start this –…

Happy Dance: To the Acorn

Ok, it’s been done for a few days, but I’m finally taking the time to get this post written! Here is To the Acorn by Pat Krahn, which is available as an EGA group correspondence course. My final project looks very different from the original, because I completely changed the colors to those based on…