Flowering vines in full bloom

With the realization that my Master Craftsman piece wasn’t going to be done on time, I picked up How Great the Blessing again. As I mentioned in my last post about this piece, I decided to go with the lighter flowers, though thank you to all of those who commented for and against this decision. You all had great points!

I’m happy to say that I’m done with queen stitches on this piece (unless, of course, I decide to fill in the flowers in the big vase). Actually, I used to avoid queen stitches like the plague until I took a class with Eileen Bennett and learned her method, and now I don’t mind them at all. Anybody want a post on this method?

Anyway, I’ve finished the queen stitch flowers on the side border vines, and added the satin stitch berries as well.

HowGreatTheBlessing 22Jan2010

Not much more to finish on this project!

12 Responses to Flowering vines in full bloom
  1. Carissa
    January 23, 2010 | 5:35 am

Love the sampler! would love a post on the method you learned :)

2. Kathy A.
    January 23, 2010 | 7:27 am

Making great progress there. Not much more to do.

3. Karen
    January 23, 2010 | 2:57 pm

This is lovely, Jeanne. When you first posted the two color comparisons, I really preferred the darker but now that you have it stitched I think the lighter version is perfect!

I'd love to see a post on the queen stitch method you learned from Eileen. I love queen stitches!

4. Deb
    January 23, 2010 | 3:02 pm

This is a beautiful sampler! I'll enjoy watching your progress. I think that Catherine's samplers are wonderful and that someday I can take a class with her. I've really got my eye on her Morning Has Broken Sampler.

5. Edy
    January 23, 2010 | 4:44 pm

Yes…a post on queen stitches would be very nice. Your Sampler is lovely.
    How is E these days?

6. Cyn
    January 23, 2010 | 6:30 pm

Hi Jeanne,

Very pretty!

Cynthia
    Windy Meadow

7. Ginny B
    January 24, 2010 | 12:31 am

Gorgeous sampler! My queen stitches start out good and end bad. Would love to know how Eileen did them!

8. ~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~
    January 24, 2010 | 12:34 am

Hi Jeanne! I favored the lighter pink, it looks so nice. Queen stitches-lordy-thx for your offer, but I'll take a rain check:) I only started on linen a month ago-LOL! Any news on the baby contest?

Sweet Stitchin…

9. stitchinfiend
    January 24, 2010 | 5:44 am

That is looking beautiful. I remember the first time I did Queen stitches – it took me days to finally figure them out.

10. Beth in IL
    January 24, 2010 | 10:23 pm

Love this piece! It looks lovely.

11. Stitcher Sister
    January 27, 2010 | 2:32 pm

I am interested in how you do Queens stitches. I have a project that contains hundreds of Q/S and I keep putting it down. I need to know of an easier way so I can finish this project! HELP

12. Susan
    January 29, 2010 | 11:10 am

Looks wonderful! Glad to see that you will soon have another finish.

Happy birthday to E! (She shares a birthday with my son who is 24 today.)